2018 Annual Meeting 5:30-8:30pm on March 9th at the Olympia Eagles Ballroom 805 4th Ave E, Olympia, WA 98506
2018 Annual Meeting Documents (coming soon)
- Meeting Agenda
- Slate of Candidates for the 2018 Board of Directors
- Minutes of the 2017 Annual Meeting
- 2017 Annual Report
2017 Annual Meeting Higlights
More than 80 of us attended, including representatives from Pierce and Thurston Conservation districts, Johnnys Seeds, Thurston Investment Network, Edible Forest Gardens, WA Young Farmers Coalition and more. Kamilchee Farms donated mussels freshly steamed on site (thanks Treacy!) and the community provided many other wonderful dishes. Raffle items were provided by Little General, Kirsop Farms, Johnnys seeds, the Olympia Pie Guild and many other members. Our local band, Straw Hat, started the evening off right!
Member survey summary: About 30 people participated in our survey at the Annual meeting.
- Members like the current partnerships, events, and outreach.
- Overall, members recommended that SSCFLT continue the same strategies and to deepen the current work (a few responses recommended broadening programs, but most did not)
- A common theme for both how members define success and how they would like to see SSCFLT broaden its work was “education”. Several ideas for how to increase education emerged:
- More education for farmers
- Outreach to local schools
- Informing elected officials and the electorate on farming and farm-related issues
- When it came to events the one theme that emerged is that people would like to spend more time “on the farm”.
2017 Annual Meeting Documents
- Meeting Agenda
- Slate of Candidates for the 2017 Board of Directors
2016 Annual Meeting Documents - please save paper by reviewing these documents online - click on the item to see a copy. Feel free to print a copy for your use.